GEO works to ensure that all graduate employees have access to the resources they need to do their jobs. The following resources are provided by the University; however, you may contact the GEO office for further assistance.

If you have a need for accommodations involving your employment as a GSI or GSSA, you may request an accommodation through the process outlined in the UM/GEO Agreement. Please consult article XXII of the current GEO contract (2017-2020).

Rackham Graduate School has been designated as the office to handle all formal requests for accommodations involving your employment as a GSI or GSSA. Please consult their website Accommodations for Graduate Students with Disabilities. Each school and college also has an administrative designee to assist you with disability accommodations. See the list here.

If your accommodation needs involve your academic work as a student, the best place to seek assistance first is Services for Students with Disabilities.

The following is a list of resources that may be especially useful to employees with disabilities:

Accommodations for Graduate Students with Disabilities Rackham Graduate School
Darlene Ray-Johnson, the Rackham Disability Coordinator (734) 936-1647 915 E. Washington St.
Provides consultation and employment accommodations for graduate students with disabilities.

Services for Students with Disabilities
G664 Haven Hall
(734) 763-3000
Provides consultation and academic accommodations for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with disabilities.

Adaptive Technology Computing Site
Located in Shapiro Undergraduate Library, room 1128
(734) 647-6437
Equipped with a range of adaptive hardware and software for a variety of disabilities.
Must obtain key from SSD in G664 Haven Hall.

ADA Coordinator, Office of Institutional Equity
2072 Administrative Services Building, 1009 Greene Street
(734) 763-0235
Provides consultation on all aspects of ADA compliance, including building access, web accessibility, employment and academic accommodations.

Council for Disability Concerns (CDC)
Meets monthly, the first Wednesday of every month at 12:00 PM in the Student Activities Building at the corner of Thompson and E. Jefferson. Forum open to the public. Provides dialog space for various offices and point persons in the campus and
Ann Arbor communities.

Ann Arbor Transportation Authority (AATA)
Public bus system in Ann Arbor.
A-Ride Program
(734) 794-1702
Program administered by AATA that serves people with disabilities with door to door services for a small fee. Must register and provide extensive proof of disability.

University Health Services (UHS)
207 Fletcher Street
(734) 764-8320
Provides walk-in and appointment health care services. Offers both general and a range of specialty clinics for all U-M students, faculty and staff.

U-M Psychological Clinic
530 Church Street, East Hall, Suite 2463
(734) 764-3471
Provides counseling and therapy for individuals, couples and groups. Offers consultation and supervision of medication for depression, anxiety, and other conditions. Provides psychological testing for learning disabilities and ADHD. Accepts Grad Care and other forms of insurance.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
3100 Michigan Union
Provides counseling for both crises and common student problems. Offers support groups for various concerns. Free to all U-M students.

Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living
3941 Research Park Drive
(734) 971-0277
Offers services and social opportunities for persons with disabilities in the community.

College Guide for Students with Disabilities
A website with student rights and resources for students with disabilities.